EC Reissues latest

Pretty self-explanatory
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Norm, you are a true fan.

It does seem that all the TL/TBMATHYF and OOOI stuff has been spread over the Ryko and Rhino resissues; I can't imagine how they'd reissue them on their own.

Instead, they/he should start issuing well-mastered versions of whole live classic shows, a la the Dead's DICK'S PICKS series. Now THAT would kick some serious tuchus.
norman brain

Post by norman brain »

Mug, YOU READ MY MIND!! That's exactly what a friend and I were discussing yesterday. I even used the 'Dick's Picks" reference to get my point across.

I have so many live shows on tape that are too great as complete shows to pick apart. He should release at least a representative show from each tour. By then, I'd just sign my paycheck over to him!

Thanks, my lady. You too are a true fan.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

But how do you decide what defines a REPRESENTATIVE show? For example, how do you choose one show per tour when there were 5 completely different ones in 1986 ie Spinning Songbook, Solo, EC&TA's doing a "Greatest Hits" (although not strictly true), EC&TA's doing songs from B&C and EC&T Confederates...? Perhaps EC will let the fans decide :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

Having also bought vinyl, CD, CD reissues, I just keep wondering how many more times I will buy these because of additional extra tracks/"lost" tracks etc. Actually, I think I (and we all) know the answer....

Damn you and your genius Mr. Costello!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
norman brain

Post by norman brain »

Hey, Verbal. That's a good question, and not an easy one to answer. Maybe he could pick a great show from each tour where he and the band were on fire, and give us a bonus disc (it never ends!) containing other covers and rarities performed on the same tour. Either that, or go the Pearl Jam route, and give us every show complete!
lipstickvogue

Post by lipstickvogue »

Soooo, do some of you have TL &/or TBMATHYF on CD? I have never been able to find copies :( I was hoping they'd reissue so I'd finally have an opportunity to pick these on up discs. Alas, it looks bad for me, non?
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
norman brain

Post by norman brain »

LV, I do have old copies on CD, but both are out-of-print. TAKING LIBERTIES is the old Columbia edition (CK36839) U.S. of course.

The British TEN BLOODY MARYS AND TEN HOW'S YOUR FATHERS is on Demon. I'd give you the catalog # (FIEND something, I'm sure) but I can't find my copy at this moment.

Both still show up on eBay occasionally (usually cheap) and you may try the used cd site, secondspin.com. Good luck!
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

IMHO EC's reissues are the best value for money around. This is especially true if you are like me and play the discs so much and leave them lying on top of the CD player out of their cases...........meaning that they soon need replacing anyway. Besides, I'd pay good money for the bonus discs alone.

In the case of GH, it is quite extraordinary that I have never had it on CD - just cassette. GH and ImpBed are my 2 favourite EC albums and yest I don't have GH on CD....how bizarre. Can't wait to drive Mrs Doofster mad when it comes out!
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Especially good value at £11 delivered to your front door!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

okay, okay, i will admit my ignorance.

i just listed the following in my shopping cart at deepdiscountcd.com:

Brutal Youth Remaster (i've got the single cd edition)
Mighty Like a Rose Remaster (borrowed the single cd edition, so at least i've head it!)
Spike Remaster (never heard it)
Imperial Bedroom Remaster (again, never heard it)

what's wrong w/ owing money? isn't it what i, as an american, am supposed to be doing????

checkout is commencing. :) i do think i will hold off on the newest set of reissues. i'll have enough to do, yes?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

You have enough to last you a few days or so, Poppet. :wink:
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Well, I'm better off buying the reissues from the US, if amazon is offering them at around US$15 (last year I bought some at 13 and 14). UK L 11 works out at around US$17.50.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Play offer free delivery in UK, don't know how their rates to Oz compare to Amazon.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I have TL on CD, and I have it and TBMATHYF on vinyl. I once had TL on cassette.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Otis, unfortunately play.com don't ship as far as Australia. I don't mind waiting for the US - I can order a bunch of stuff to minimise shipping per item. I might have to turn my head away as you all begin discussing them earlier...
HungupStrungup

no CD but . . . .

Post by HungupStrungup »

lipstickvogue wrote:Soooo, do some of you have TL &/or TBMATHYF on CD? I have never been able to find copies :( I was hoping they'd reissue so I'd finally have an opportunity to pick these on up discs. Alas, it looks bad for me, non?
<-----------------------------
I have TL on CD, but the TBMATHYF CD I have never even seen, although I know of a dealer who's willing to part with a copy for $62 US + p&h. (I don't know its FIEND cat.# but here's the UPC: 740155002725).

I do have the orignal UK cassette edition of TBMATHYF on F-Beat, and it's been Elvis-ized! (2002 tour)
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

an option for the u.s. contingent:

cduniverse.com has the reissues listed for $12.59. amazon lists them for $14.99.

don't work for them, just a satisfied customer. release date still listed as 9/9.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

There's a great version of The Bells by The Originals on Get Happy, here's where you can get the, ahem, original.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 98-3828643
the poisoner

Re: no CD but . . . .

Post by the poisoner »

HungupStrungup wrote:
lipstickvogue wrote:Soooo, do some of you have TL &/or TBMATHYF on CD? I have never been able to find copies :( I was hoping they'd reissue so I'd finally have an opportunity to pick these on up discs. Alas, it looks bad for me, non?
<-----------------------------
I have TL on CD, but the TBMATHYF CD I have never even seen, although I know of a dealer who's willing to part with a copy for $62 US + p&h. (I don't know its FIEND cat.# but here's the UPC: 740155002725).

I do have the orignal UK cassette edition of TBMATHYF on F-Beat, and it's been Elvis-ized! (2002 tour)
I just got 10bm & 10hyf on cd 3 months ago and it cost less than 20 us with shipping. check out casa caiman on half.com
i know i might try for t liberties offa there.
oh, i useta be disgusted
now i try to be amused
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

COME ON SEPTEMBER 9!!!!!!!!!!!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.