When Costello Wants To Fuck

Pretty self-explanatory
bambooneedle

When Costello Wants To Fuck

Post by bambooneedle »

You know, in songs. When he works up to it.

What are the best lines?

Got some I like in mind, will include some of them later...
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I can't tell if this is serious or not.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Deadly serious. Believe you me.

Working up to it, or when it's on his mind.
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

... Skyrockets in flight...

Oh wait, did I misunderstand the thread?

I guess I'm confused.

Silly Love Songs for me, anyway.

Or anything by Fugazi.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

"What lyrics appear to be written when Elvis wants to have rough, wild sex?"
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

OK, I get it now.

I'll stick with Fugazi.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Haha, you rock.

Are you a Cursive fan?
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

Not yet.

I can barely print, dude.

Please note that the use of the word "dude" in the reply above does not signify an allegiance to, nor a disdain for a particular demographic, religious sect, or political party on the part of the author.
Stripped Jack Naked

Post by Stripped Jack Naked »

An answer as intelligent as any: " I want to chop off your head and watch it roll into the basket...If you should drop dead tonight then they won't have to ask you twice"

I would love to say "I rest my case" re: the general demise of the quality of the elviscostellofans.com forum.

However, this thread is clearly another in a long string of attention-getting devices commonly used by the author to lure people into his web of low self esteem, only to retaliate when guys like me drop in to express our disdain for this ridiculous post. So I am just droppin' in. Frankly, I cannot imagine a more mind-numbingly stupid question to post, or engage in. Can you? or does my asking make people feel dumb. Read fast. folks, as Bamboo can request that this thread be completely excised, and "Poof" it will be gone tomorrow. That is the game that is now played here.

Are not many of you embarrassed to have this type of thread characterize the site you frequent or the musician that you revere?

I am not, because I now know the parameters, and I know the players. I use my words selectively.

I do understand that my opinions are not altogether welcome, as they clearly represent opinions that are anathema to the general disposition of the active board members. But as I had avowed to leave, I cannot. There is so much value in learning the mindset and the gamemanship of so-called adults who proclaim to be above Faith and omniscient about all things politic, post hoc.

Sun Tzu. Ladies and gentlemen. "Keep your friends close...."

Thankfully, BambooNeedle, I now understand you. In the perfect form of the anti-compliment, I am better for it.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Frankly, I cannot imagine a more mind-numbingly stupid question to post, or engage in. Can you?
I think I could. Maybe using the word fuck in the title is what bothers you? Is this any more inappropriate than asking about favorite EC lyrics relating to betrayal or facism? I certainly don't think so. As to the artist involved - see the lyrics to Suit Of Lights or Less Than Zero (Dallas Version). - he's not above the occasional base language. Fucking as a subject - are you kidding? This is what more than half of all popular music is about.
Bamboo can request that this thread be completely excised, and "Poof" it will be gone tomorrow. That is the game that is now played here.
That game is not being played here. I think the moderators here have simply responded to a very valid request in a one-off situation. It's not like anyone is lying about WMD here for Christ's sake.

A quote comes to mind here - "You can change your name, but you can't change your face."

Why are you so mean spirited?
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Talk about a fucking controversial thread... :lol:
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Garsh, can't someone just answer the question?

I believe 'Boo is thinking of lines like "I hate the buttons on your shirt when all I wanna do is tear". It's early for my brain, and I have been forced by life circumstances to repress any such shirt-tearing urges, myself, but this is the idea of the post, no?

Boy, as ever you are a beacon of reason and good taste.
Boy With A Problem

okay this is an obvious one that springs to mind -

"Oh give it to me, give it to me
I don't wanna know much about much
give it to me, give it to me
I need, I need, I need the human touch"
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Well made points, BWAP and Mug.

SJN, you clearly don't understand me. But then there are a lot of things you don't understand.

Don't worry folks, he's just trying to fuck things up.
Stripped Jack Naked wrote:An answer as intelligent as any: " I want to chop off your head and watch it roll into the basket...If you should drop dead tonight then they won't have to ask you twice".
What ugly aggression. That's the worst thing about these so called "exchanges".
Stripped Jack Naked wrote:I would love to say "I rest my case" re: the general demise of the quality of the elviscostellofans.com forum.
It's only sadly humourless guys like you that could ever bring on such a demise. All you do is interrupt perfectly good threads like this out of a need to feel important. It is you demanding attention. Yes, it's your low self-esteem -- what else? You need to feel your petty righteousness validated by the number of views and responses you note, but all I think they indicate is how much some not uncool people laugh at you lot. Your understanding of fun is extremely limited. Otherwise, so many threads in the past might not have been mired in such egocentric analysis, and the rest of us could have more fun. Unfettered fun, what a concept.

But you don't get all that, do you? Oh well, you might sometime later. I'm not holding my breath.
Stripped Jack Naked wrote:However, this thread is clearly another in a long string of attention-getting devices commonly used by the author to lure people into his web of low self esteem, only to retaliate when guys like me drop in to express our disdain for this ridiculous post. So I am just droppin' in. Frankly, I cannot imagine a more mind-numbingly stupid question to post, or engage in. Can you? or does my asking make people feel dumb. Read fast. folks, as Bamboo can request that this thread be completely excised, and "Poof" it will be gone tomorrow. That is the game that is now played here.
Sorry, I for one don't share your neurotic complexes... I doubt many else in the world would. So why would I want the thread deleted?

Many of Elvis' songs deal with it. So... if you want to deny it, why not just deny it to yourself?
Stripped Jack Naked wrote:Are not many of you embarrassed to have this type of thread characterize the site you frequent or the musician that you revere?
Not many people see the world like you do. The only thing a thread like this comes to characterize on this site is how someone like you periodically jumps in with a lot of heavy shit and tries to ruin things, in the way I already described. You try to convince yourselves that your motives are good and justified... but you're not even sure. So why dump personal baggage here? Do you think we need it? I know the answer to that question, you see. But it's no big deal, and luckily most everyone here knows it's not either. That's why this forum survives. You feel weak... but hey, that's yourproblem. Keep it to yourself or seek some professional help.
Stripped Jack Naked wrote:I am not, because I now know the parameters, and I know the players. I use my words selectively.
Of course you are, and obviously you've never known how to really play in your life, because -- besides anything else -- you don't know how to lose. If you use your words selectively, it's to mostly insult. Or else -- yes, the flipside of thoughtless, authoritarian passive/aggressive tendencies -- you act like a shameless sycophant. But is it a big surprise that you have to go and so transparently kid yourself into thinking you're now not? Come on, who else do you think you're trying to kid?
Stripped Jack Naked wrote:I do understand that my opinions are not altogether welcome, as they clearly represent opinions that are anathema to the general disposition of the active board members.
Anathema? Do you really think your opinions could mean that much (besides when your pompous ego inflates like one of those blow-up fish)? I mean, who are you that anybody should waste energy hating? Evidently, that's your game... you've revealed yourself to be a quite hateful and insane fellow. I dare say you have probably been accepted here pretty fairly. It's a shame (for you) that you can't seem to do any better... I wonder if this explains why you can't leave...
Stripped Jack Naked wrote:But as I had avowed to leave, I cannot. There is so much value in learning the mindset and the gamemanship of so-called adults who proclaim to be above Faith and omniscient about all things politic, post hoc.
See what I mean? And there you go again about gamesmanship as if we've been forced to play with you. I don't have to tell you any of this... it's just that this time I feel a little bit sorry for you.

And hey, nobody did such proclaiming. So don't lie.
Stripped Jack Naked wrote:Sun Tzu. Ladies and gentlemen. "Keep your friends close...."
Ahhh, The Art Of War... Been meaning to get back to that -- great book. But this ain't a war, Mr.Average. No thanks to people like you, there's enough of that in this world. Me, I'm usually a peace lovin' man.
Stripped Jack Naked wrote:Thankfully, BambooNeedle, I now understand you. In the perfect form of the anti-compliment, I am better for it.
We only understand what we know. But, believe what you like... you're good at that.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's Saturday night and I'm going out. Might do some fucking, too.

------------------------

I'd prefer it if things didn't get so personal, but if they must they must. No apologies.

As promised, more later...
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I don't want to get too deep or serious here, because this thread actually does have a discussion topic. And although I do read more than I post here, I enjoy the board and invest a great deal of time making sure that it stays up and running. This board has two administrators, a moderator, and a lot of people who care about it. It takes money, effort and time to keep this board going and there are no games being played here.

That said, I think most of the lyrics of Spooky Girlfriend apply here to this thread. Also, Poisoned Rose:

"The poisoned rose
That you wear at your best
That I keep pressed between the white sheets
Where you lie half undressed

I threw away my shirt and shoes
You looked and I dived in"

I know there are many more.
Stripped Jack Naked

You go, girl!

In nearly 1000 posts on this and past versions of this forum, I estimate that less than 10% were contentious in any way. There was no need. But as time has passed, the unfettered personal slams, anti-spiritual, and unpatriotic themes have grown exponentially by some of the 'heavy' contributors. My 'contentious' posts have NEVER been unprovoked. They have been in response to things like the honor of Michaeal Moore, and the false basis on which is new comedy feature-length film is (de-)based on.

When the facts are PUPOSEFULLY distorted to gain some sort of edge on knowledge, wisdom, or modern thought, I post the opposite view for balance. That's all.

Thanks for the analysis. I deserved one after posing my thoughts on your constant badgering of NoiseRadio, which for the life of me, I cannot understand. Your insults that follow many of his posts have become as predictable as the rhetoric of the Hate- America-First crowd rhetoric. They rise like a pheonix from the pages, seemingly borne only to be prickish.
Oh well. Maybe you can look to recent posts on Ray Charles, Los Lobos, and others that hhave been positively contributory to the board. And maybe the reason that positive things are not flowing from my keyboard in the Elvis General Discussion is that there are too many mind-numbing topics about how Elvis communicates his primal need for sex in song.

Good Health.

And for all of the name-calling, there is one phrase that simply does not fit (many others fit just fine, thank you very much!). That is mean-spirited. Please try not to confuse the term "mean-spirited" with "truthful and revealing of the things that many do not want to face because it makes them feel uncomfortable".

There is a difference. One is borne of love for the world and for man...the other is a product of hate. I hate no one. I have no use for it.

How about you, Bamboo?
Boy With A Problem

Please try not to confuse the term "mean-spirited" with "truthful and revealing of the things that many do not want to face because it makes them feel uncomfortable".

this phrase from one of your previous posts, I would absolutely characterize as mean spiritited.
so I will exit stage left and leave you to your self flagellating circle jerk
You don't think the following is mean spirited?
However, this thread is clearly another in a long string of attention-getting devices commonly used by the author to lure people into his web of low self esteem
C'mon man - you're becoming unhinged again.
daybreaker

Post by daybreaker »

Stripped Jack Naked wrote:My 'contentious' posts have NEVER been unprovoked. They have been in response to things like the honor of Michaeal Moore, and the false basis on which is new comedy feature-length film is (de-)based on.
Um, you just made a contentious post that was unprovoked.
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

I thought this was a joke and . . .it is! Everyone's being contentious and if someone thinks the board has seen better days, can't they say it? It does seem that certain members are being singled out and trounced. I remember the pre-ambushed Island days how very far we are from there. I guess you really can't go back after all even with the same people.

If you can't have peace on a message board where people share common interests peace in the world doesn't seem likely. What have you lost, a different point of view, a friend, a fellow fan and maybe looking outside of yourself. The trouble with empathy indeed!

Some people are defensive and some are made that way.

As for sexy lyrics from Elvis I think it was done on a thread about romance long ago. But since this is hardly about romance, a song is best. Listen to 'Inch By Inch' -no lyrics to single out .
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
Stripped Jack Naked

Well said, Lapinsjolis.

I accept your admonishment and take it to heart. Truly, the parent in me again raised its ugly head and I reacted to an insane title of a thread...a title that is penned only to serve as an outrageous attention-getter. I stand by my comments re: the continual need for attention by the same poster, via incesssant attacks on a very learned man who has contributed so much to this board. I know of no "Fan-rating-system" that indicates who is authentic and who is not. It is unimportant here, because Elvis has touched everyone in one way or another. But I will say this...A guy who has focused his creative energies to forming a successful, award winning tribute band dedicated to the music of Elvis Costello is a real fan. He need not suffer the insufferable attempts by one to glean limelight away from his thoughtful posts. Yet, without failure, and every single time that he posts, I sit back and wait...and it takes no time whatsoever for Bamboo to start the ball rolling. Rationale? You got me, but before you label me 'unhinged' (which I will happily accept in the context of this forum!), take a genuine look at what has been happening. My gosh, it is so evident. And particularly sad.

Dr. Spooky, you have my respect for being responsive to my messages. Thank you. However, and to set the record straight, (even though I have done so many times, people listen selectively)...

I changed screen names because I could NOT gain access tot he forum as Mr. Average. I was LOCKED OUT. No explanation was ever provided, so I assumed censorship. I still cannot log on as Mr. Average. After multiple requests. I am accused of hiding behind a new Identity...Stripped Jack Naked. To the contrary, while I love the Elvis song that carries the name as a lyric (20% Amnesia) I prefer the old name. But I cannot log on using it, so I logged on with SJN, explained to EVERYONE that it is really me, the mean spirited one, and asked for help. Multiple emails to Taz went unanswered. I did not know that you were acting as the responsive moderator, so I had not mailed my concerns to you. Please, Dr. S, respect my position, and at the same time, accept my apology for not knowing who to turn to.

When the ElVez thread was killed in it's entirety, especially as the content and the direction of the responders changed, it was just too amazing to understand why a single post would not be sacrificed, as oppossed to an entire thread. While the result was an understandable and honest attempt to support key personnel of this forum, does not the reverse hold true? If by deleting an entire thread it leaves others to fail to understand the true discourse that was underway, then it actually serves to hurt other board members. So where does the censorship start and end.

I am accountable for what I write. Censorship starts with what I post in a public place. Once I have chosen to do so, I am accountable.

I am not a better Elvis fan for teasing out the lyrics related to his needs and desires to screw. I am also very aware of the essense of "Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll", and I understand it as the grand foundation of rock and roll, new wave, punk, indie, etc. etc. music. The title of the thread seemed so unnecessary, so very childish. My son has recently adopted his Dad's interest in Elvis Costello, and scans the board topics periodically to learn more. He is a big boy, but my God in Heaven...little triggers, anyone?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

----------------------------

I crept out last night behind your back
the little they know may be the piece I lack

You strike a profile on the low side of my imagination
My eyes climbed down to the point of possible saturation

You check her outline
Break her regulations
You watch her legs
through several service stations

Don't you know the facts of life, boy
Don't you know what these things cost
She was selling stolen kisses to travelling salemen and minstrel singers
You put a penny in the slot
She called you her Magic Fingers

Who do you see when your eyes turn down?
Who do you see when I'm not seeing you?
The news is out all over town
and all these girls are having turns at being you

Sparks are flying from electrical pylons
snakes and ladders running up and down her nylons
ready to experiment, you're ready to be burned
if it wasn't for some accidents
then some would never ever learn
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

lapinsjolis wrote:
If you can't have peace on a message board where people share common interests peace in the world doesn't seem likely.
I just have to say that is ludicrous, and I may have even spelled it wrong.

Daryl Palumbo said it best: "people go to those things to fight". A message board was created for this stuff to happen. Whether it be because they feel older members have been mistreated (SPEAK UP about it, don't tip toe around and start subtle battles- i.e: Mr. Average with Noiseradio... and Bamboo apparently did to Noise because of A Rope Leash), or just a difference in opinion.
Mr. Misery

Post by Mr. Misery »

Obviously you can't have peace when you have WHAR, or are being needled by Bamboo, or held at Stanley knife point by Stripped Jack Naked. There is nothing wrong with disagreement, but personal attacks (as distinguished from lighthearted wordplay!) are not a good thing. Of course, it's tempting to indulge in them when one is angry or filled with indignation.

In my view message boards are for the exchange of information and ideas about a topic of common interest. But as she stated, world and even board peace are unlikely.
ImageImage
I've had you so many times but somehow I want more.
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

Subtle? Tiptoeing? -Hardly. WHAR save your energy for better things than reading my posts you have always failed to understand. But I reflect on what you said because no matter how you spell or misspell that word you are the leading authority.

Mr. Misery-Thanks for your points and clarity and the Munsters are still on so let's go watch it!

O yes the topic-turn over the record, search during the seduction and play:

'I love you twisted and I love you straight. I'd write it down but I can't concentrate."
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Well...ehm....I can't really picture EC jamming it in....he seems more like a jacker to me! :lol:

But I still think Bamboozle is a cool dude!

Stripped Jack....jeez, it is clear that you are engaging in a personal attack! Not so cool.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp