New Stereogum Ranking of EC Albums

Pretty self-explanatory
docinwestchester

Re: New Stereogum Ranking of EC Albums

Post by docinwestchester »

Not a bad list. Nice to see Painted From Memory get some respect (#13/28)
millaa

Post by millaa »

Is Might Like A Rose that badly thought of? I mean, it's not one of my favourites but I would at leats put it above Wake Up Ghost!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

These types of list serve as discussion pieces. There will never be a definitive list (unless I do it of course :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Just another generic list that will have EC fans nodding happily at some choices and outraged about other choices. No way should MLAR and Clockface be down in the relegation zone. No way. :)
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Apart from Verbal's tablets-of-stone definitive version, I defo agree "Lists? shimshts!", in general.

But I have to say MLAR's placing is way out of order! Get aahtah my pub!!!

And controversionally, I almost never listen to My Aim Is True, and would rank it bottom 10! It worries me that people keep ranking it highly, cos casual passersby might try it out and think 'what's all the fuss about?'

I'd say Blood & Choc, Get Happy, Trust, TYM and Brutal Youth are always jostling for place in my Top 5. They never leave it. So all the other contenders pile in behind.
JerseyPride78

Post by JerseyPride78 »

Speaking for myself, the EC's most consistently underrated record is Delivery Man. Not saying it's his best but it does not get anywhere close to the love it deserves.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Hawksmoor wrote:Just another generic list that will have EC fans nodding happily at some choices and outraged about other choices. No way should MLAR and Clockface be down in the relegation zone. No way. :)
Absolutely !
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Neil. wrote:Apart from Verbal's tablets-of-stone definitive version, I defo agree "Lists? shimshts!", in general.

But I have to say MLAR's placing is way out of order! Get aahtah my pub!!!

And controversionally, I almost never listen to My Aim Is True, and would rank it bottom 10! It worries me that people keep ranking it highly, cos casual passersby might try it out and think 'what's all the fuss about?'

I'd say Blood & Choc, Get Happy, Trust, TYM and Brutal Youth are always jostling for place in my Top 5. They never leave it. So all the other contenders pile in behind.
That’s an amazingly great summary Neil ( and by the way your accent has disappeared now - get aaatah my pub :shock: ) and I’ve always felt that MAIT would have been an even more stunning debut had they re-recorded it in Cornwall with the Attractions back in 1978. It certainly sounded great when John Foyle and I found the master tape on out tour of Elvis Cornwall sites :shock: :wink:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

JerseyPride78 wrote:Speaking for myself, the EC's most consistently underrated record is Delivery Man.
You're speaking for me too...
millaa

Post by millaa »

JerseyPride78 wrote:Speaking for myself, the EC's most consistently underrated record is Delivery Man. Not saying it's his best but it does not get anywhere close to the love it deserves.
Agree, its a consistent album and has aged well. I also rate Momofuku.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

millaa wrote:
JerseyPride78 wrote:Speaking for myself, the EC's most consistently underrated record is Delivery Man. Not saying it's his best but it does not get anywhere close to the love it deserves.
Agree, its a consistent album and has aged well. I also rate Momofuku.

Most Underrated: Brutal Youth
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

Every list that is ever written is inferior to one’s own mental list!
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine