Brand new EC podcast

Pretty self-explanatory
Dangerous Amusements

Brand new EC podcast

Post by Dangerous Amusements »

F180AF69-D86F-44A8-98C1-401132B45BD1.jpeg
F180AF69-D86F-44A8-98C1-401132B45BD1.jpeg (32.24 KiB) Viewed 35587 times
Hi folks

Hope you may be interested in a brand new podcast about Elvis called Dangerous Amusements.

On each episode, we have a special guest who will talk about all things EC.

Our guests have also helped us compile the ultimate Costello playlist. Each guest has added five songs to the playlist- each song from a different decade of EC’s career.
You can listen to the playlist here: https://spoti.fi/2H352Lk

Our trailer for the podcast is out now on Apple, Spotify and all the usual podcast places. Our first episode will be out later this month.

We’re also talking EC on social media - just search for Dangerous Amusements on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

We’ve got some ace guests so hope you enjoy it.
WindUpWorld

Re: Brand new EC podcast

Post by WindUpWorld »

I’m sure we will. Thanks for letting us folks know - and good luck.
Mr. Getgood

Post by Mr. Getgood »

Dangerous Amusements wrote:F180AF69-D86F-44A8-98C1-401132B45BD1.jpeg

Hi folks

Hope you may be interested in a brand new podcast about Elvis called Dangerous Amusements.

Our guests have also helped us compile the ultimate Costello playlist. Each guest has added five songs to the playlist- each song from a different decade of EC’s career.

Our trailer for the podcast is out now on Apple, Spotify and all the usual podcast places. Our first episode will be out later this month.

We’re also talking EC on social media - just search for Dangerous Amusements on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Had a listen to the trailer; sounds great. Have subscribed. Can’t wait for the first episode - when’s it out, please?
I love you just as much as I hate your guts.
Dangerous Amusements

Mr. Getgood wrote:
Dangerous Amusements wrote:F180AF69-D86F-44A8-98C1-401132B45BD1.jpeg

Hi folks

Had a listen to the trailer; sounds great. Have subscribed. Can’t wait for the first episode - when’s it out, please?
Ah, thanks very much for that. It’s been fun chatting EC with all my guests.

First episode will be out early next week. Hope you enjoy it.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

This excellent podcast is now up on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts, I think the advert goes.

How about we start a fan forum EC playlist in line with what the podcast is doing. You have to pick one Elvis song from the 70's, 80's,90's,00's and 10's.

you cannot pick what someone else has already picked. So we dont have 20 Oliver's army in the playlist?
Mr. Getgood

Post by Mr. Getgood »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:This excellent podcast is now up on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts, I think the advert goes.

How about we start a fan forum EC playlist in line with what the podcast is doing. You have to pick one Elvis song from the 70's, 80's,90's,00's and 10's.

you cannot pick what someone else has already picked. So we dont have 20 Oliver's army in the playlist?
Yes, highly recommend podcast - I really enjoyed it.

I’m game for creating a playlist. Should a new thread be started for it?
sheeptotheslaughter

Mr. Getgood wrote:
sheeptotheslaughter wrote:This excellent podcast is now up on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts, I think the advert goes.

Yes, highly recommend podcast - I really enjoyed it.

I’m game for creating a playlist. Should a new thread be started for it?
I would have thought a new thread is the way to do it. I didnt want to post 5 songs and look like Billy no mates if no one else took part :D :D
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Brilliant interview with Mark Billingham - I loved his enthusiasm. I wonder how often new ones are going to be posted? Be interesting to see who Stewart gets in to chat with.
Mr. Getgood

Post by Mr. Getgood »

Neil. wrote:Brilliant interview with Mark Billingham - I loved his enthusiasm. I wonder how often new ones are going to be posted? Be interesting to see who Stewart gets in to chat with.
Hey Neil. Hope all’s well. I believe new editions will be released fortnightly.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Great interview. Listening to people speaking about Elvis with so much love and passion always brings a big smile to my face.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

Excellent podcast! Mark Billingham setting the bar high for guests later in the series. Many highlights, his story of ending up in the GoGo cage on the first spinning songbook tour was great and led me to these wonderful highlights on of Andrew Schofield's manic compering on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nK_AAUCUz6E
sheeptotheslaughter

After we have had a week or two to digest Hey Clockface I might start the thread for the playlist
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

2nd episode now available. This time they interview Ian Prowse.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Hi all,

Just to say there are two more podcasts in this series, taking it up to four in total so far.

They are brilliant for Elvis nuts like us - pure geek heaven!

https://open.spotify.com/show/0IJQzxemyoCN0JTCI4SKID
Dangerous Amusements

Episode 5 has gone live this morning.

Author, music journalist and screenwriter David Quantick is our guest.

He discusses some of his favourite EC songs and shares some great stories about covering Elvis over the years.

Next episode will be out in a fortnight. Follow us on Twitter for updates and Elvis chat - @DangerousAmuse

Subscribe to the podcast to get our new episodes as they go live. We’re grateful for positive ratings and reviews to help us spread the gospel of Elvis, so why not toss some tatty compliment our way...

https://apple.co/3mpGqMp
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

Don't know if you folks have been listening to this podcast, but this episode is pretty good. Historical memory of events from first person account. Early days, lots of unknown (to me) anecdotal material.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

'Legendary music PR Glen colson talks Elvis Costello, the Attractions and Stiff Records.

We discuss the records, the tours, the stunts and the arrests.

Plus, Glen on Ian Dury, Syd Barrett, broccoli and much more.'

https://anchor.fm/stu-arrowsmith

Interesting chat. Very much a relaxed account. The timeline used is all over the place. New to me was a reference to David Gray. The hugely popular singer's album White Ladder from 1998 was discussed by Elvis & Glen , presumably around the time of its release, when they happened to meet in a shop in London. Elvis joked that Glen probably liked it , which Glen did, unlike Elvis.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://podcasts.apple.com/be/podcast/r ... 29555&l=nl

Author and linguist Remedy Robinson hosts the brilliant Costello-themed podcast, Slow Drag With Remedy.
Each episode is an “exploration and appreciation of the genius words, phrases and references found in each song credited solely to Mr Elvis Costello”.
We chat about her love of Elvis’s lyrics and how that led to her launching the show.
Remedy tells me how she became an EC fan, her favourite records and recounts her memorable meeting with the man himself.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Remedy Robinson? Sounds like Jane Plough might be her agent.

Isn’t the internet just great? Long-tail Internet in effect here. Sort of cool. Will have to listen. Must go since I can not type complete sentences. End of day burn out. Beep boop beep boop.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

MOJO wrote:Remedy Robinson? Sounds like Jane Plough might be her agent.
:lol:

She’s Toast!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
MOJO wrote:Remedy Robinson? Sounds like Jane Plough might be her agent.
:lol:

She’s Toast!
What? Say it ain’t so…. Maybe Jane will pick her up if she changes her name to Remedy Tuggersom or Remedy Rubzof… or not