EC on Elevation with John Kelly, SiriusXM, Oct. 11, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

EC on Elevation with John Kelly, SiriusXM, Oct. 11, 2020

Post by And No Coffee Table »

EC was a guest on today's "Elevation with John Kelly" on SiriusXM (U2 X-Radio, channel 32).

They premiered the Hey Clockface track "Radio Is Everything."
And No Coffee Table

Re: EC on Elevation with John Kelly, SiriusXM, Oct. 11, 2020

This is available without a SiriusXM subscription.

Go to https://player.siriusxm.com/, click on "start free preview", search for "elevation", and choose "Elevation on U2 X-Radio" from the Audio On Demand section.

Or at least it worked for me!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Worked for me , too , thanks.

So some spoken word content , on the new album.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Blimey, 'Radio Is Everything' is a pretty interesting listen. I wonder if 'Newspaper Pane' is also in that style?
jardine

Post by jardine »

any hints at where the song is in this program? i can't take much jimmy wakely...
And No Coffee Table

jardine wrote:any hints at where the song is in this program? i can't take much jimmy wakely...
34 minutes in.
jardine

Post by jardine »

thanks. i'm sitting here wondering if a matchbox hold my dreams...carl perkins dreams. I really like this...

....nails better, for me, what phonographic memory tried. and reminds me of dylan's latest, a sort of dreamlike referential swirl. very happy
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

jardine wrote:thanks. i'm sitting here wondering if a matchbox hold my dreams...carl perkins dreams. I really like this...

....nails better, for me, what phonographic memory tried. and reminds me of dylan's latest, a sort of dreamlike referential swirl. very happy
Interesting. 'Phonographic' lands better for me, but then I'm a big Orson Welles fan, so love all the references! I'm intrigued about 'Newspaper Pane' now, because, combining the sound and tone of 'Radio is Everything' with EC's comments on the recording process, it looks as though Michael Leonhart sent him some instrumental 'mood pieces' and he improvised semi-spoken/semi-sung lyrics over the top of them.

Having said that, 'Shut Him Down' feels like much more of a constructed 'tune', and EC's lyric sounds more 'sung' than it does on 'Phonographic' or 'Radio is Everything'. Always good to hear him trying out different things.

Totally agree about Dylan. R+RW is a fantastic LP. but in his later years he's pretty much given up on tunes!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Lots of Catholic talk in the mix. That’s cool. I’m not alone in my deep Catholic upbringing. Curious to find the Bruce Springsteen and EC punch up on Spectacle. I’d probably find myself in the middle of their experiences. Digging the Word Jazz tracks. The music paints the picture. Stay safe, wear a mask, vote blue.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Lots of Catholic talk in the mix. That’s cool. I’m not alone in my deep Catholic upbringing. Curious to find the Bruce Springsteen and EC punch up on Spectacle. I’d probably find myself in the middle of their experiences. Digging the Word Jazz tracks. The music paints the picture. Stay safe, wear a mask, vote blue.