Elvis & The Attractions - Live at Eric's Club on Sky Arts TV

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Attractions - Live at Eric's Club on Sky Arts TV

Post by Man out of Time »

Back in the day, Granada TV's "So It Goes" presented by Anthony H. Wilson, featured debut TV performances by a host of New Wave artists. Some of these are now being rebroadcast on Sky Arts TV in the UK, as part of a series called: "Guy Garvey: From The Vaults" presented by Elbow's Guy Garvey.

The show gathers together material by year of first broadcast, to give it some sort of order. Episode 3 features performances and interviews from 1977 including EC and the A's playing "Watching The Detectives" at Eric's Club in Liverpool on August 2, 1977. Everyone in the band looks young and thin. As an intro to this performance, there is a repeat of R. White's "Secret Lemonade Drinker" advertisement, lest we forget.

Also on the show are Blondie, The Buzzcocks, The Clash, Iggy Pop, The Stranglers, Tom Robinson Band, Penetration. Plus there is Nick Lowe and Dave Edmunds playing "Heart Of The City". Fewer details are on the website here:

https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sky-a ... /episode-3

The show is available on demand on Sky Arts, unless you want to watch it "live" when next broadcast on 9 October at 1am. I know the Eric's clip is probably up on YouTube, but good to see it in decent quality for once.

MOOT
Neil.

Re: Elvis & The Attractions - Live at Eric's Club on Sky Arts TV

Post by Neil. »

Hi MOOT - yes, I know this clip well. I find it a bit laid back, not a tight performance, and Elvis looks bored singing it. Still, always great to see the young Attractions. We were all thin once!