Elvis signs Open Letter on Unauthorized Use of Music by Politicians

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis signs Open Letter on Unauthorized Use of Music by Politicians

Post by sweetest punch »

https://pitchfork.com/news/mick-jagger- ... ticians/[b]

Mick Jagger, Lorde, More Sign Open Letter on Unauthorized Use of Music by Politicians[/b]

The statement from the Artist Rights Alliance was also signed by Pearl Jam, Courtney Love, Elvis Costello, Lykke Li, Blondie, and Jason Isbell.

The Artist Rights Alliance (ARA) has shared an open letter signed by artists including Mick Jagger, Lorde, Pearl Jam, Courtney Love, Elvis Costello, Lykke Li, Blondie, Jason Isbell, Sheryl Crow, Green Day, and more regarding the unauthorized use of music by politicians. The artist-run nonprofit organization asks that U.S. political committees “establish clear policies requiring campaigns to seek consent of featured recording artists, songwriters, and copyright owners before publicly using their music in a political or campaign setting.”

The note continues, “We’ve seen so many artists and estates dragged into politics against their will and forced to take aggressive action to prohibit the use of their music—usually songs that are broadcast during political rallies. It can confuse and disappoint fans and even undermine an artists’ long term income—and mostly it’s just not right.”

The ARA directs its request at six political campaign organizations: the Republican and Democratic National, Congressional, and Senatorial committees. “Many of these artists have spent a lifetime making music that we all know and love,” the statement reads. “At the very least, it should be their choice as to whether or not it’s used in this way—especially in these hyper partisan times.”

Read the full note here: https://medium.com/@artistrightsnow/cro ... 9b08ca6609
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.