Trust Survivor - Round 6

Pretty self-explanatory
kosi559

Trust Survivor - Round 6

Post by kosi559 »

Trust Survivor - Round 6

From a Whisper to a Scream and White Knuckles are out. I'm surprised that From a Whisper to a Scream was voted out because it was one of the singles from the album and was a duet with Squeeze singer Glenn Tilbrook. I can understand how White Knuckles was voted out.

VOTE A SONG OUT HERE
https://strawpoll.com/j9q9krj6c

SONGS IN

SIDE ONE

Clubland

You'll Never Be A Man

Strict Time

Watch Your Step

SIDE TWO

New Lace Sleeves

Shot With His Own Gun

Big Sister's Clothes

SONGS OUT

Rank Song Votes Percentage
14th Luxembourg 26/71 36.6%
13th Fish 'N' Chip Paper 11/66 16.7%
12th Pretty Words 11/59 18.6%
12th Lover's Walk 11/59 18.6%
10th Different Finger 15/66 22.7%
9th White Knuckles 14/58 24.1%
9th From a Whisper to a Scream 14/58 24.1%
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
bronxapostle

Re: Trust Survivor - Round 6

Post by bronxapostle »

How could anyone understand that WHITE KNUCKLES was voted out??? It's a masterwork...lyrically, arrangement, production, THAT band playing, the bridge!!! JUST maybe the best song from the album!!! Glad i don't play here anymore. Maybe someone can share here the solo version from 11/27/13 please....just EPIC!!
WallyRando

Post by WallyRando »

I've been voting for FAWTAS since round 1 - I don't hate it, but I also don't think it stands up to the other tracks. I often find Elvis's duets a bit off, though - something about his very distinct voice paired with a more traditional vocal talent doesn't quite blend to me.

It'll be hard going forward. Someone earlier mentioned Trust as one of his most even records, and we're down to only songs that are hard to live without. There are a couple of his most refined songs ever in the mix and a strong personal favorite that I'm not sure rates quite as highly amongst the larger fanbase.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Link seems to go to voting round 4 rather than round 6!
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

Poll link is to Round 5.

Looking at the casualties so far I do wonder if I'm listening to the same album!
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

From a Whisper is fabulous and I love the pairing of Glenn's angelically sweet voice and Elvis's brutal barnstorming.

White Knuckles is an astounding arrangment, melody, the playing, the singing. I love the way the vocal starts, like the melody has dropped out of the air. Steve's twinkly bits and the incredible key change at the end. And the lyrics appear to be about domestic violence - I mean, this is seriously dark material, set to an incredible pop melody and arrangement. Very uneasy listening, but brilliant.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Neil. wrote:From a Whisper is fabulous and I love the pairing of Glenn's angelically sweet voice and Elvis's brutal barnstorming.

White Knuckles is an astounding arrangment, melody, the playing, the singing. I love the way the vocal starts, like the melody has dropped out of the air. Steve's twinkly bits and the incredible key change at the end. And the lyrics appear to be about domestic violence - I mean, this is seriously dark material, set to an incredible pop melody and arrangement. Very uneasy listening, but brilliant.

Thanks for describing this magnificent song much better than i did.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

bronxapostle wrote:Thanks for describing this magnificent song much better than i did.
Well, "Steve's twinkly bits" isn't exactly Lester Bangs but thank you for the compliment, BA!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Neil. wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:Thanks for describing this magnificent song much better than i did.
Well, "Steve's twinkly bits" isn't exactly Lester Bangs but thank you for the compliment, BA!

but the bit about the tune dropping out of the air as the vocals start is SHAKESPEARIAN however!!! 8) 8)
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Bless your cottons, BA!