Trust Survivor - Round 1

Pretty self-explanatory
kosi559

Trust Survivor - Round 1

Post by kosi559 »

Trust Survivor - Round 1
Hello everyone and welcome to another album of Album Survivor. The album you chose is Trust. This is the fifth studio album from Elvis Costello and the fourth with The Attractions. This album was an attempt to cross the rhythm of Get Happy!! and the melody of Armed Forces. This album was inspired by the tension within his first marriage and the election of the Conservative government. The album received positive reviews and is often seen as one of his strongest efforts.

VOTE A SONG OUT HERE
https://strawpoll.com/8ccxpugz8

SONGS IN
SIDE ONE
- Clubland
- Lover's Walk
- You'll Never Be A Man
- Pretty Words
- Strict Time
- Luxembourg
- Watch Your Step

SIDE TWO
- New Lace Sleeves
- From a Whisper to a Scream
- Different Finger
- White Knuckles
- Shot With His Own Gun
- Fish 'N' Chip Paper
- Big Sister's Clothes

SONGS OUT
n/a
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Neil.

Re: Trust Survivor - Round 1

Post by Neil. »

The obvious choice is on it's way out first hurdle by the looks of the current voting.

Is there any way you can switch off the voting results until very the end of the poll? It would be good to vote without knowing the general consensus. That said, no worries at all of course if you can't switch that function off - it's just a bit of fun!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i am bowing out of this silliness for now and always....too many awkward turns. NO Knowledge of anything but Attractions albums??? Oddly unsettling display of results. Thread itself named after the all time worst television show i EVER could have envisioned coming down the pipe. have fun those who enjoy this one. but for me, i much prefer dreaming up MY OWN SILLY pastimes. :D :D cheers, ba
kosi559

Post by kosi559 »

bronxapostle wrote:i am bowing out of this silliness for now and always....too many awkward turns. NO Knowledge of anything but Attractions albums??? Oddly unsettling display of results. Thread itself named after the all time worst television show i EVER could have envisioned coming down the pipe. have fun those who enjoy this one. but for me, i much prefer dreaming up MY OWN SILLY pastimes. :D :D cheers, ba
Goodbye
kosi559

Post by kosi559 »

bronxapostle wrote:i am bowing out of this silliness for now and always....too many awkward turns. NO Knowledge of anything but Attractions albums??? Oddly unsettling display of results. Thread itself named after the all time worst television show i EVER could have envisioned coming down the pipe. have fun those who enjoy this one. but for me, i much prefer dreaming up MY OWN SILLY pastimes. :D :D cheers, ba
Also, if you have any suggestions for how I can display the results better, feel free to let me know.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

no, i am just not that into it at all. and sorry, i have NO KNOWLEDGE, i am the least savvy tech guy EVER!!! if you and others are enjoying, i am well pleased. NO WORRY!!! AS A GUY WHO HAS BEATEN A DEAD HORSE with my silliness here and there, i understand fully. and i hope i did not offend. it just seems kinda pointless to attempt to acquire fave songs per lps. :? :? MAYBE TO ELIMINATE ONE AT A TIME EACH MEMBERS LEAST FAVE LP COULD BE MUCH MORE INTERESTING....but you gotta promise to put EVERY last stinking lp. :D best, ba