Elvis on Letterman, June 5th 2014

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis on Letterman, June 5th 2014

Post by johnfoyle »

Elvis has just tweeted that he'll be on Letterman tonight
Last edited by johnfoyle on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A rope leash

Re: Elvis on Letterman, June 4th 2014 (tonight )

Post by A rope leash »

I knew there was a reason to come to this forum today! Thanks!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Other sources - which I can't link via this 'phone- suggest Elvis will be on tomorrow , June 5th.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

David Letterman's website says Elvis is coming on Thursday June 5: http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/
(I wonder what will be the reason is for his appearance).

Thursday, Jun 5: Hugh Jackman, comedian Joe List, Elvis Costello
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

dilemma resolved as per my guess. i work a block and a half away and there will be TWO tapings today: 1:30 and 5:00. so, it's taping today and show airing Thursday i imagine. unbelievably, i passed the stage door entrance at 11:20, rounded the corner at Broadway to inquire and as i returned rounding the corner..what do i see a half a block ahead? Elvis jumping from his usual black SUV type taxi and heading inside at 11:25. guess he has the early taping. but, i can't make it as i have other responsibilities today. however, SRO requests are VERY often filled. get there soon if in NYC and good luck. pissed i missed another chance to say HELLO by ten-fifteen seconds. oh well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:dilemma resolved as per my guess. i work a block and a half away and there will be TWO tapings today: 1:30 and 5:00. so, it's taping today and show airing Thursday i imagine. unbelievably, i passed the stage door entrance at 11:20, rounded the corner at Broadway to inquire and as i returned rounding the corner..what do i see a half a block ahead? Elvis jumping from his usual black SUV type taxi and heading inside at 11:25. guess he has the early taping. but, i can't make it as i have other responsibilities today. however, SRO requests are VERY often filled. get there soon if in NYC and good luck. pissed i missed another chance to say HELLO by ten-fifteen seconds. oh well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And No Coffee Table wrote:EC appears to be a last minute replacement for Lana Del Rey.

http://twitter.com/LanaDReyOnline/statu ... 1988890624
http://twitter.com/LanaDReyOnline/statu ... 2405616642
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!! 8)

aw damn ANCT, edited your post just as i was quoting you saying the same. now, i look a jerk! :oops: kidding, who cares?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I edited my post to avoid looking like a jerk for saying the same thing you already said!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

And No Coffee Table wrote:I edited my post to avoid looking like a jerk for saying the same thing you already said!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

damn, i could have gotten in easy as pie it looks today as NO ONE IS THERE (unusual EARLY taping time!) hope someone we know is there and gives a report before broadcast time tomorrow!
Jeremy Dylan

Re: Elvis on Letterman, June 5th 2014

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

So can we expect EC's version of "West Coast"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKxuiw3iMBE
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

awww. dont say that Jeremy! sure hope he did NOT do a one-off song to TRULY have me regret NOT going today! hope he did ALISON! :wink:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

He'll stride on stage wearing a "Thanks Lana" t shirt, do a Lana Del Ray song and then stop it half way through, saying "Sorry ladies and gentlemen there's no need to sing this song, then launch into one of his own and get himself banned from the show for ever!

Then he'll fly to London for the meet up on Saturday.

It could happen... :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

it's funny...i was just thinking recently how remarkably LONG it has been since his last Letterman appearance and how he SURELY would show between now and the retirement of the old dog. i thought maybe as Carnegie is four blocks up the street, we might see him June 24th/25th! i bet he has one more appearance still before the end of the show as he is certainly in the top three EVER of musical guests if not number one. and the sadly funny thing is TODAY would have been the PERFECT day for me and the taping of the show to have occurred as i am parked in front of my school with ZERO responsibilities for the remainder of my day. let's see what i missed yesterday on the t.v. screen in sixteen hours. best, benny

2 known appearances on Late Night with David Letterman,
1982-08-23 New York, NY US NBC, Studio 6A Late Night With David Letterman The Attractions
1989-03-03 New York, NY US NBC, Studio 6A Late Night With David Letterman Solo

23 known appearances on Late Show With David Letterman.
1994-04-01 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater The Attractions
1994-05-12 Late Show With David Letterman CBS Los Angeles, CA US Television City The Attractions
1995-05-16 Late Show With David Letterman CBS London England The London Studios The Attractions, James Burton, Marc Ribot
1996-05-08 Late Show With David Letterman CBS San Francisco, CA US Palace Of Fine Arts Solo
1997-02-13 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater The Jazz Passengers, Deborah Harry
1997-02-25 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Burt Bacharach
1997-10-02 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater The Fairfield Four
1997-11-18 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Toshi Reagon
1998-09-28 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Burt Bacharach
1999-06-21 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Steve Nieve
2001-06-07 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Anne Sofie von Otter, Steve Nieve
2002-04-23 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater The Imposters
2003-03-12 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater The Imposters
2003-09-23 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Steve Nieve
2004-09-22 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater The Imposters
2005-07-21 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Emmylou Harris, The Imposters
2006-06-06 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Allen Toussaint, The Imposters
2006-09-25 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Tony Bennett
2006-11-10 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Rosanne Cash
2007-05-14 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater The Imposters
2008-11-03 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Jenny Lewis
2009-06-04 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater Jim Lauderdale, Dennis Crouch, Larry Campbell
2010-11-01 Late Show With David Letterman CBS New York, NY US Ed Sullivan Theater The Sugarcanes, Pete Thomas

+ last night/tonight = 26!!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The actual words of the tweet says hear "The Last Year Of My Youth" on Letterman tonight.

I wonder if it's the title track of a song.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Elvis arriving at the taping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHzzBfadM0
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sweetest punch wrote:Elvis arriving at the taping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHzzBfadM0
yeah?? cool...but, that must be his SECOND arrival because i saw him from the opposite angle with same hat, suit and car arriving at 11:25 a.m. with NO ONE on the block at all. odd. does anyone know what time this one was filmed yesterday?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:The actual words of the tweet says hear "The Last Year Of My Youth" on Letterman tonight.

NEW SONG??? LET'S HOPE!!!!!!!!! :D :D
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:The actual words of the tweet says hear "The Last Year Of My Youth" on Letterman tonight.

NEW SONG??? LET'S HOPE!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Yes indeed. He said he wrote it last night. Lyrics are great.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

The Letterman show has posted the performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB72KD0pptQ

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

A++++ glad to have a new ROCKER!!! it belongs to be subtitled (59). answer song to 45!
DeathWearsABigHat

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

very excited by what I've read about this new song but the video is not available in my country (UK). So how can I hear / watch this song?
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I can't link it with this ' phone but there's a Yahoo tv link to the same clip that does work here . Google might help you find it.
woz

Post by woz »

BA, out of curiosity does the list above include the dates when Elvis hosted the show while Dave recovered from heart surgery? Just wondering. Cheers.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

woz wrote:BA, out of curiosity does the list above include the dates when Elvis hosted the show while Dave recovered from heart surgery? Just wondering. Cheers.
I think that was March 12, 2003. It was only one show.

Dave
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

This plays here -

https://tv.yahoo.com/video/david-letter ... 3-cbs.html

And here's a go at the lyric -

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... f_My_Youth

BA & Elvis on Twitter in the last hour or so - very chummy altogether!